Cycling on a 1500km route from Havanna to Santiago de Cuba.
The rules for the Cuba Bike-Adventure are simple and largely self-policed. The rules attempt to embody the spirit of self-support and fairness for all riders.
Cuba Bike-Adventure is a single-stage, unsupported, cycling adventure across Cuba.
An event from Transbike-Adventures.
Need a travel insurance?
Cuba is a culturally rich island in the Caribbean with a unique and complicated history of diversity, colonialism, Soviet influence, and agriculture.
The route of the Cuba Bike Adventure aims to show riders the country and culture of Cuba via bike – the best way to see any new and incredible place!
This event is unique in that it is intended not as a race but an adventure to be undertaken. The route is planned but may require on-the-fly navigation in case of washed out or closed roads. Riders are free to explore together or alone, but the recommendation is to meet one another and experience the adventure together.
- start: Havanna / February 9th 2020
(postponed indefinitely due to Covid 19)
- finish: Santiago de Cuba
- finisher party: 20.02.2020 / 20:20 in Santiago de Cuba
- route: 1500km
- route: paved, unpaved roads and trails
- no time limit, cycle the route in your own pace
- for who: you look for a bikepacking adventure, you like to explore Cuba, you see an other culture, meet other bike riders…