Cycling on a 1200km route from Havanna to Santiago de Cuba.
The rules for the Cuba Bike-Adventure are simple and largely self-policed. The rules attempt to embody the spirit of self-support and fairness for all riders.
That’s the Cuba Bike-Adventure, a single-stage, unsupported, cycling adventure across Cuba.
Need a travel insurance?
The island of Cuba is the largest island in the Caribbean.
It is a multiethnic country whose people, culture and customs derive from diverse origins, including the aboriginal Taíno and Ciboney peoples, the long period of Spanish colonialism, the introduction of African slaves and a close relationship with the Soviet Union in the Cold War.
The exact meaning of the name Cuba is unclear but it may be translated either as ‘where fertile land is abundant’ (cubao) or ‘great place’ (coabana).
The Cuba Bike-Adventure shows you the country on a 1200km route from Havanna to Santiago de Cuba.
- start: Havanna / February 9th 2020
- finish: Santiago de Cuba
- route: 1200km
- route: paved, unpaved roads and trails
- no time limit, cycle the route in your own pace
- registration: opens May 1st 2019
- for who: you look for a bikepacking adventure, you like to explore Cuba, you see an other culture, meet other bike riders…